“When you’re working on a scenario, write only what you need for your next session, and let the rest wait”: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20modern/fb/20050222a
How are the palyers going to meet?
- None of them should know each other.
- Maybe two meet over drinks
- Maybe they all get dragged to a night club independantly & they meet the hacker on the run their.
- Maybe there is a VIP room and a gang is after him and not just the Feds
- Sentient AI (low amount to bigin with, 1 or 2)
- Antagonist(s) want global domination.
- Eventual Machine World War & Post-Apocalypse
- There needs to be some conflic in the background someplace (war, battle, revolution, social uprising, etc. )
- Brith of a nearly sentient artificial being
- Hacker (NPC) stunbles on a self-aware AI. Other people (gane, government, syndicate, etc) know about it as well and are after the hacker to shut him up or get data or access. (They aim to kill or hurt). Hacker needs protection (is he just a kid?) provided the PCs.
- Public education reform. Rise in rates of people attending secondary schooling, especially tech schools. Computer literacy is up.
- Military drones turn from air to land. From tanks, packmules to general purpose human form. There’s no longer a need to build special robots, just build humanoids + have them use human-suited machines. The corporations that ceated these for the military now sell to other companies. Blue collar labor disappears in a matter of a couple years. The machines are dumb/slow, but they are cheap, they never stop working and maintenance is low.
- A Con-Artist/Identity Thief would make a nice minor/secondary opponent.
Possible Plot hooks
- Rise of Machines
- Evil Corp
- Political Unrest
- Stupid Culture (ex vaccines causes retardation in children)
- Over Population
- Computer Virus pandemic of bionic devices/implants
- Repossession of implants
- Back ally implants
Morals of the story & other undertones
- What is conciousness?
- What is death in relation to conciousness?
- Should an artificial conciousness be subject to the same laws of man?
- Can conciousness be replicated? If so, is it a perfect copy?
- The power of the mind
- Cartision Philosophy
- To destroy our enemy, we become our enemy
- Technology is just and idea
- Technology will not destroy the human race, humans will destroy each other
- Do Humanlike Machines Deserve Human Rights?